The Syria Chronology is a project started in 2013. The chronology significant events relating to Syria and its attempts to acquire chemical (and biological) methods of warfare, international reactions to these efforts, allegations of use of chemical weapons and related developments.
The first sample file made available for this chronology was that for the first quarter of 2013. This is currently an unfunded project and so only limited time can be spent on it. Snapshot files (i.e., work in progress files) will be added when this may assist understanding of how events have unfolded.
The following sample files are currently available as public documents:
- 2011-2012 -- snapshot at 19.00 GMT, Wednesday 16 October 2013
- 2013 -- snapshot at 21.00 GMT, Tuesday 16 January 2018
- 2014 -- first published iteration for full year in preparation
- 2015 -- first published iteration in preparation
- 2016 -- first published iteration in preparation
- 2017 -- first published iteration in preparation
- The UN Secretary-Generalís Investigation Mechanism: missions during the Iran-Iraq War and in Iraqi Kurdish areas -- An extract of elements from the Iraq chronology that relate specifically to UN and other investigations into allegations of use of chemical weapons of the period during the Iran-Iraq war, circulated in draft form in order to assist understanding of developments relating to Syria as they unfold as the UN investigation in Syria is built on precedents from the 1980s -- snapshot at 14.00 GMT, Friday 13 September 2013
- Selected entries related to the confirmed completeness or otherwise of the destruction of Syrian stocks of chemical weapons -- An extract of elements from the Syria chronology following suggestions in various media reports that the international body established by the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), had declared Syria to be free of chemical weapons in January 2016 -- snapshot at 20.00 GMT, Friday 19 May 2017